Getting to the start, and from the finish
Transport to start and from finish
We all know your bike is the most important thing in your life. The idea is to get you and your loved one (your bike) to the start using our shuttles if you don’t have a lift. We are known around the world for our champion logistics and we will have many well thought through options to make your life easier.
Making your way around
- Drive your own car to the start at Frankfort – the parents of Frankfort will drive your car to the finish at Champagne Sports Resort to raise funds for the community.
- Get dropped off by your family, who are keen to get a break from you. Then get them to meet you at the finish at Champagne Sports Resort – remember to make a weekend or week of it at Champagne Sports with you family (note accommodation at Champagne Sports is not included but they have a special deal and it is a truly magnificent place to stay over)
- Rent an Avis car/van rental post the event to continue their South African adventure
- Use our shuttles going back to Johannesburg on Friday – see more information below
- There is no shuttle on Thursday afternoon. If you do not have your own transport or camper van, we highly recommend the hotel option. It is great value and will allow to you to take the shuttle to OR Tambo. Contact us if you are unsure.
Book a go2berg organised shuttle
Day 0 – Registration and prologue
These will take place in Frankfort – Free State, which is 160km’s outside of Johannesburg – you cannot ride there. You will be able to book your bike and yourself on one of the shuttles below.
Day 6 or the day after
The finish on Day 6 is 450km from Or Tambo Airport in Johannesburg. The table below gives you an idea of what this is all about.
|Shuttle||Date and time||Cost|
|Bike shuttle to Frankfort and from Champagne Resort to ORT||Friday 13 September - 7am at Rosebank Courtyard / 9am OR Tambo Airport Friday 20 September - 9am Champagne to OR Tambo Airport||R1050|
|Coach from Rosebank Courtyard to Frankfort||Friday 13 September - 8am||R390|
|Coach from OR Tambo Airport to Frankfort||Friday 13 September - 10am||R390|
|Coach from Champagne Sports Resort to OR Tambo Airport - Johannesburg (journey 6 hours)||Friday 20 September – 9am||R600|
|Vehicle transfer - Frankfort to Champagne Sports Resort||Friday 13 September - Leave car in Frankfort parking||R990|
Bike boxes/bags + any additional bags
You can hand in your empty bike boxes/bags, and other empty bags at registration or at the start (13 September) and it will be transported to Champagne Sports Resort. Your bike box/bag and any additional bags you handed, will be at the finish (19 September). Please DO NOT leave any valuables in your bike box/empty bag!!
Going it alone, from OR Tambo airport to Registration
- Gautrain – overland train from O R Tambo airport to Rosebank, Sandton and Pretoria Stations.
- Airport Link – private transfer direct to your hotel. When you book, let them know you are travelling with a bike box/bag.
Private bike transportation
The following companies offer bike transport. These are private companies and the relationship is between rider and their company.
Dean Shenkle – All in Events: 0827297955
Joggie – Joggies Bicycle Transport – 082 446 5141