Most questions are answered here. Email us if you have other very good questions. We are here to help.
Yes you will need to bring your own bag. The recommended maximum size is below.
The size of this bag is approx. 100cm (L) x 36cm (H) x 39 (W). – enough space for everything!
We will have a charging solution at each village. More info will be supplied nearer the event.
- You will need cash (South African Rands only) for drinks and any snacks bought from the school tuck shop
- Most of the race villages are located in towns but not necessarily close to an ATM – so it is advisable to sort this out before the start of the event
- You are also required to carry your Credit Card with you at all times (in case of hospitalisation)
- We will also have a go2berg goodies shop where you can purchase t-shirts and hoodies. Credit Cards will be accepted.
The Courier Guy will take care of this – their fleet of 8-ton trucks will ensure bags arrive before you do.
- Yes, you can hand in your empty bike bag/box at registration or at the start (Frankfort)
- The Courier Guy will transport these to the finish at Champagne Sports Resort and store them safely until you arrive on Friday.
- Ensure there are no valuables in the bags that go to the finish.
- Bikes are stored in a secure, designated bike area in the race village
- You should bring your own bike lock as a back-up.
- A two-man tent is provided per team (or two riders). If riding solo then you will have the whole tent to yourself!
- You can upgrade to your own tent for a fee.
- We also provide a comfy thick mattress per rider
- What you need to bring is a small pillow, a single sheet and a very very warm sleeping bag and warm PJ’s.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30am until 8:30am.
- The race starts each day at 9am
- Lunch is served from 12:30pm – 4pm
- Dinner is served from 6pm – 8pm
Worried that you might go hungry? Don’t be!
Typically the following can be found (some are more generous than others):
- Bananas or another type of fruit
- Boereworse / sausage
- Boiled eggs
- Cake / doughnuts
- Sweets and chocolates
- Coke and water and Powerade (or similar)
From a nutrition point of view you may want to supplement with your own energy drink and bars.