Going it alone
Every year we welcome mountain bike enthusiasts from all over the world to enjoy this unique South African mountain bike stage race. To make sure you have everything you need to make your planning a breeze, we’ve put together some additional information just for you.
- If you are travelling from overseas, you will need to fly into Johannesburg International (OR Tambo)
- You will need to figure out how you get to the start from Johannesburg. We will have shuttles for a nominal cost or you can choose to get your own private hire.
- You could opt for a camper van for your entire journey – one our masseurs can drive your camper van – you will need to arrange and hire your own camper van. There is a fee to park your camper van in the race village.
- You will need to arrange transport back to Johannesburg or elsewhere after the journey finishes at Champagne Sports Resort. We recommend you stay at the resort for a few days. We have shuttles however you could hire a vehicle and continue your journey.
- Please don’t forget to check visa rules for visiting South Africa.
- Many international riders arrive a few days earlier – Johannesburg is a real city with many great things to do.
- We are here for you. Let us know how we can help.